AutoLISP STDLIB mail archive [part 11], 27.Oct.00 - 17.Oct.01

Re: Please Help me for STDLIB (BINIO function)

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your help.

Well, now I am using STDLIB for my project. I am getting very interesting
to use function from STDLIB in my project. It is really good and helpful for
me.
But for the BINIO function I am getting little bit difficult to use.
There is only one Binary File IO Examples in STDLIB Help file. Which I got
difficult to understand.
I would like to request you that if possible please give me little more
simple example of all BINIO functions.
Through that way I could able to understand and I could make my project.

I want to make my data file in binary format so I tried to make read and
write.
I could able to make file as like ASCII file for read and write but I could
not able to make in binary file. For reading and writing.

I used this way

(load "Stdall.lsp" (princ))
(load "binio.fas")
(defun c:W_Bin_File ()
  (setq fname "bin.txt")
  (setq opn (BINIO-FOPEN fname "w"))
  (BINIO-FPUTS opn "this is test")
  (BINIO-FCLOSE opn)
);this is write ASCII text file.

Please help me for to make binary file

When I used these function I got error-  ; error: bad argument type:
fixnump: "this is test"
BINIO-FPUTC
BINIO-FPUTINT
BINIO-FPUTLONG
BINIO-FPUTREAL
I think I don't know the way of use these functions.

One thinks I have download all file from xarch../pub/autocad/*.*
Among them
XLISP: An Object-Oriented Lisp in  \lisp\xlisp3.html and
XLISP 2.0 migration and cross-language programming utilities in axlisp.zip
I have read but I did not get .lsp file for those function which has mension
in xlisp.html.

I don't understand symbol in axlisp.lsp
defun!

What is the proposed of used "!" symbol with defun

I am getting interesting to know about them.
Please help me.

Thank you, for your kindly Help.
Amrit Shrestha
cadnepal@wlink.com.np